https://i0.wp.com/odinic-rite.org/main/wp-content/uploads/dutch-dance.jpg?fit=956%2C363&ssl=1 363 956 Hengest http://odinic-rite.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/or-badge400-transp.png Hengest2009-02-10 00:51:082019-02-28 15:18:44Teaching Heritage
Ten easy ways to teach your child about their heritage.
- Celebrate all the traditional holidays, explain their meaning and teach by demonstrating the way our people celebrate the festivities.
- Attend Folk gatherings and cultural events such as Scottish Festivals, Summer Cultural Camps, Heathen celebrations, and Folk Festivals.
- Study your culture and or religion through children’s books or youth study groups and activity booklets.
- Take a short trip and talk about your people and all the accomplishments they have made throughout history when visiting local and distant history areas.
- Visit family and friends and have them retell true or fictional stories regarding our people. Let them learn through their imagination.
- Put them in traditional dance classes, or sports that are culture orientated such as Highland Dance.
- Cook traditional foods with your children. Teach them how our ancestors created meals, and how delicious their food really was.
- Sing traditional songs and verses, change them into finger plays and fun little games.
- Teach a new language, the younger the child the faster they will learn a new tongue.
- Act out traditional Norse Sagas, Heathen based stories, or simply parts of our history.