What you need:
Make the dough:
1. In a bowl mix flour, salt and water
2. Knead for approx. 10 min
Make the shapes:
1. Roll out dough to appox 1/2 in thick
2. Use knife to cut shape of the ornament, then cut the design into top
3. With toothpick make a hole at the top of ornament
4. Bake ornaments on a cookie sheet at 325 degrees fahrenheit for 2-3 hours. Flip a couple of times. Do not allow to brown, but ornament should be hard.
1. Paint the rune indentation
2. Use 4-6 inches of ribbon per ornament for hanging .